Friday, November 14, 2008

Aaahhhmazing!!!

JD and our parents TOTALLY SURPRISED me for my birthday - here is how it went down.
JD knew exactly what he wanted to get - got the parents in on it at the begining of the month.
2 days before he ran around like crazy and got the card signed (3 different locations).  All the while continues to ask me all week where I wanted to go out to eat because that's all I wanted to do - a quiet sit down meal for two has only happened once since Noah was born.  

The morning of my b-day I was still under the impression that dinner was happening when and where I chose.  Until....... JD called a family meeting on the couch that was to exclude Mommy!  After they (kids & JD) came out from under the fort-o-covers, it was decided that we would all pack up and go out to shop and lunch.  At which point I realized JD probably forgot to get something from the kids and I was going to be picking it out.  Little did I know.....

They were taking me to my appointment at the SPA for the DAY!!!!!
I was there from 10:30 'till 3:00.  First, was the very hot, very relaxing, very QUIET aromatherapy bath!  Then the 1 hour massage.  Then a grilled chicken salad.  Then a facial from heaven.  Then a manicure and pedicure!!!!!  WOW - I swear a whole new person emerged from the spa that day.  Quite a re-juvenating experience.

This week I was thankful for........
  • HEAVENLY PAMPERING that made for an unforgetable birthday.
  • earlier bedtimes for the kids
  • a comfy couch
  • baby sitting help from parents
  • Old Chicago's deep dish pizza - the closest thing to actual Chicago deep dish from Gino's Pizza.

1 comment:

Kathryn Maberry said...

Gino's Pizza - makes my mouth water just thinking about it! Oh...back in the mission trip days!

You spoiled little girl! Isn't a day at the spa just the best? That was "my treat for myself" on vacation this past summer at Lake of the Ozarks. I swear I came out looking younger and skinnier! I can hardly wait to do it again...hopefully on a beach in Hawaii next time!

Way to go, husband and parents!