Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Noah John!!!!!

Noah's birthday (Aug 1st) was uneventful - hangin' out with the parents (us).  However, the party day (2nd) was so much fun for the kids.  Thank you parents for coming over and enduring the sweltering heat with us!  Wow, those kids didn't give 2 hoots the heat index was 110!  Noah loved having the company and we loved sharing Noah's birthday with all of you.

It's hard to believe he is 2yrs old.  The evidence of his growth is outrageous.  Everyday he learns new words, tricks, and stuff.  It has been so much fun being a parent thus far (occasionally it's trying - but FUN all at the same time).  I'm so lucky to have such an ACTIVE, smart, fun-loving, boy.  I can honestly say that he makes me a strive to be a better person everyday and I'm looking forward to the new things I can learn from him over the next year.

This past week I was grateful for many things - here are a few
  • A mother who knows what to do and just when to do it.
  • Noah's playtime with someone as active as he his - thanks Jayden!
  • Kailey's happy birthday - what a good cousin she is to Noah!
  • Noah's precious place in our lives.
  • Jen Tate for showing me & giving me ideas for the fun things mom's and daughters can do!
  • Mary Walker cake - YUMMY!!!!!
  • GIANT fans for outside air movement.
  • B-day party that went off without a hitch (the pre-party stress was undue and the planning paid off).
  • Hannah's 8 hr sleep night - WOW that was nice.
Birthday photos to be posted soon - so check back.

P.S.  Sorry to all who couldn't make it to Noah's party.  We'll see everyone (INDOORS) next year - hee hee hee!


3 comments:

Ang said...

That was the best birthday party EVAH! My kiddos had a great time and I wish we could have stayed longer. Noah is lucky to have parents who want to make his birthdays special! (and thanks for the great party ideas lol)

Mrs. McCullah said...

He has gotten so big! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

The party rocked! I was thankful for "the babysitter" who played with my kids for an hour. :)